Babies more prone to eczema are part of families whose members frequently suffer from asthma or other allergies. Experts say they are genetically predisposed to all sorts of eczema. Half of children suffering from eczema can develop asthma or other allergies as they grow. But, poor hygiene can lead, also, to eczema appearance.
Here are some tips and folk remedies that can help you to get rid of eczema in babies.
1. The bathing water shouldn’t be hot. It has to be warm.
2. You shouldn’t keep your baby in the water more than 5-10 minutes.
3. Use a gentle soap, without any fragrance. Don’t use a bath sponge.
4. Disinfect the baby’s tub once a week if the wounds are over-infected. Ask your pediatrician or dermatologist for advice on the products you use for house cleaning.
5. When you apply a treatment on your baby’s skin, make sure that the skin is perfectly dry.
6. Use moisturizing creams to prevent irritation and redness.
How to choose moisturizing creams
1. Choose natural creams, preferably based on oil.
How to take care of baby’s skin
1. Apply moisturizing creams at least twice a day (in the morning and evening). Keep the baby’s skin hydrated to prevent it from drying out and cracking.
2. If the products you use to get rid of itchiness, ask your doctor / dermatologist for wet compresses wrapping.
3. Cut the baby’s nails so that they won’t be able to scratch and over-infect wounds caused by eczema.
4. Keep an optimal level of temperature and humidity in the house so that the air won’t be dry and to prevent sweating. Sweating is the most common triggering factor in eczema appearance.
How to wash clothes
1. You can try special detergents for sensitive skin.
2. Check the ingredients on detergents to find out the ones that lead to eczema.
3. Use exactly the recommended detergent dose on the packaging and rinse the laundry thoroughly.
4. Always wash the baby’s new clothes before wearing them.
5. Wash the baby’s laundry separately!
Image Credits: Healthtap